Grew up on a family dairy farm near Cooperstown, New York.
• Graduated Clarkson University with a B.S. in Civil Engineering. Licensed Professional Engineer in CT and RI.
• Over 38 years of professional engineering experience in planning, design, construction contracting, inspection, and certification of various engineering projects with the USDA Natural Resources Conservation Service (formerly Soil Conservation Service) from 1963 to 2002. Performed key roles in completed projects in NY, RI, VT, WV, HI, and over 100 towns in CT.
• As a commissioned military officer from 1966-1968 served as a Tactical Officer and Company Commander at the US Army Corps of Engineers’ Officer Candidate School in Fort Belvoir, Virginia.
• Currently President of JEP Engineering Company 2002-Present and consulting Town of Eastford Town Engineer. As such have reviewed numerous subdivisions, and assisted with the revision of Wetlands and Planning Guidelines.
• Publications and papers include contributing Task Force member and editor for numerous E&S practices in the 2002 Connecticut Erosion and Sediment Control Guidelines.
• Created a subdivision in Woodstock where he and his wife constructed their home on one of the lots and have lived since 1987.
• Hobby and leisure times are occupied by traveling and camping via truck camper, gardening, hunting, fishing, and occasional stone wall construction.